- 4-5 beetroots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 leek, sliced thickly
- bunch dutch/baby carrots + leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 tbs nigella seeds
- handful cranberries
- handful fresh mint
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- pickled chili (optional, but delicious!)
- 1 tsp french mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1-2 tbs tahini
- salt & pepper
- dash extra virgin olive oil
Bake beetroot, whole carrot, leek and chickpeas with extra virgin olive oil, nigella seeds and seasoning in 160 degree celsius oven for about 45 mins or until soft. Once cooked stir through cranberries.
Mix dressing ingredients together.
Assemble salad with carrot leaves and cucumber on the bottom and baked veg and mint on top. Pour over dressing. Serve with pickled chili.