- 1 packet firm or semi-firm tofu
- olive oil for deep frying
- 1 cup corn flour/tapioca flour
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 1 fresh chill, finely diced or 1 tsp dried chill flakes
- lettuce, cucumber and fresh coriander for garnish
Drain tofu on paper towel while preparing the rest.
Cut tofu into cubes or triangles. Heat olive oil in fry pan – enough to deep fry.
Once oil is hot coat tofu in flour and deep fry in batches until turning golden. Drain on a paper towel and keep warm in oven.
Stir fry garlic, chili and spices in a small amount of sesame oil until fragrant (don’t overcook). Combine tofu and spices and serve with garnish.