- 400g wholemeal pasta
- 1kg pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 leek, sliced
- 6 dried figs, quartered
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 6 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbs fresh mixed herbs (I used parsley, sage and chives)
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- walnut cheese* or tofutti (or go without – it’s still delicious sans “cheese”)
Bake pumpkin in olive oil, salt and pepper in 190 degree oven for about 30 mins.
Meanwhile, fry leek in olive oil on medium-low heat until wilted, add figs and some salt and allow to caramelise on low heat, stirring occasionally for 20-30 mins. In the last 10 mins add maple syrup and balsamic.
Cook pasta until al dente.
Gently fry garlic in olive oil, take off the heat and add herbs and seasoning.
Stir garlic and herb mix and pumpkin through pasta, serve in bowls with leek and fig mixture on top. For an extra level of decadence serve with walnut cheese or tofutti.