- 1 packet tempura, cut into 8 triangles
- extra-virgn olive oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup tapioca (rice or corn) flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- enough iced water to make thick batter consistency
- mixed salad greens
- half sliced cucumber
- pickled ginger
- black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 fresh chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
Mix batter together with a chopstick, leaving some lumps. Leave in the fridge until ready to use.
Prepare salad and dressing.
Heat oil in saucepan. Dip tempura in batter and fry until golden. Drain on a paper towel and scatter over the salad.
Finish with a smattering of black sesame seeds and dressing.