- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened, not melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup wholemeal (spelt) flour
- 1/3 cup plain (spelt) flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs oat (or other non-dairy) milk
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
Combine coconut oil and vanilla essence. Add flours, sugar and maple syrup and work together with fingers (don’t over mix). Add milk if mixture is too dry. Mix in cranberries and pistachios.
Press mixture into 21 cm round tin. Score with sharp knife into 8 slices.
Bake for approx. 30-40 until golden.
Cool completely and cut.